× Members

PIP Tribunal win DwP SOR

More
5 years 1 month ago #228300 by Ben
PIP Tribunal win DwP SOR was created by Ben
Hi, wife had PIP tribunal on Monday and won, now worried that DWP are going to drag things out further requesting SOR and looking to appeal. Are they making requests for SOR every time? How long will it take if they do?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #228317 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Tribunal win DwP SOR
B

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

In case you are not aware, your real name appears to be showing in the forum, if you want to change this then follow the instructions in the following FAQ

My full name is showing, how can I stop it?

Congratulations on the Tribunal win, well done.

It usually takes the DWP 5-8 weeks to process a Tribunal result, I would give them a call to make sure that they have received the Decision Notice.

It is actually quite unusual for the DWP to request a SoR, it can take anywhere from a couple of weeks to a couple of months for the Judge to write up their notes but it would delay the Tribunal's Decision being implemented.

The DWP cannot pursue the matter because they disagree with the Tribunal's Decision, they must show that there was an Error of Law in the making of the Decision to be able to take it further.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris