× Members

What to Do ????

More
5 years 2 months ago #228308 by Seagull
What to Do ???? was created by Seagull
my wife had pip test last July.She was on full DLA and Mobility Pip awarded her 13 points for living and 4 for mobility so we have lost the car.Her review is in 3 years time 2021.It was all a farce but wont bore you with details.Her condition has got worse and we have new medical evidence to back this up.My question is do we revisit and challenge original decision and how do we go about it if we do my worry is only being on 13 points for living could they reduce this.We also live in Scotland so would it be better to wait until Scotland bring in there new system do you know when this will be any advice would be welcome.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #228333 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic What to Do ????
Seagull

A Mandatory Reconsideration and appeal can only consider your wife's limitations as they were at the time that the Decision was made, any deterioration since then will be excluded.

You can report a Change of Circumstances but before doing so, make sure that it will actually result in an award, one does not always lead to the other, so I would check the criteria in our PIP Claim guide. Also, understand that reporting a Change will result in a full reassessment of her award, a new PIP2 and almost certainly a face to face assessment, the resulting Decision will supersede the existing award, whatever it might be.

If you decide to go ahead then write to the DWP office dealing with her claim, explaining the Change and asking to be reassessed. If you can afford it then send the letter by a Tracked post and retain the proof of delivery, the letter will set the date from which any revised award applies from.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheMerlin486

More
5 years 2 months ago #228381 by Seagull
Replied by Seagull on topic What to Do ????
Do you know when Scotland will be bringing in there new system instead of pip.

More
5 years 2 months ago #228395 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic What to Do ????

Seagull wrote: Do you know when Scotland will be bringing in there new system instead of pip.

The following appears to have the latest information

www.snp.org/heres-how-were-bringing-a-cu...ish-social-security/

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris