× Members

Pip upper tribunals

More
5 years 1 month ago #228311 by Maryvallo
Pip upper tribunals was created by Maryvallo
Sorry just joined up ,having trouble trying to get information on upper tribunal appeals, I have just been to 1st teir tribunal on 11/03/19 was refused so have to appeal to upper tribunal can you point me in right direction

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #228335 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip upper tribunals
Maryvallo

I'm afraid there is little actual advice we or anyone online can give to you in regard to an appeal to the Upper Tier Tribunal. It is totally dependant on the papers submitted to the appeal, your testimony during the hearing and the panel's reasons for making their Decision, none of which we have access to.

You can try and get face to face advice, do an internet search for "welfare advice" with your postcode, town or county.

An appeal to the UTT can only be made on the basis of there being an Error of Law in the Decision, not because you disagree with what that Decision is.

What is an Error of Law?

The first stage of the process is for you to request a copy of the Statement of Reasons for the Decision

Tribunals – Requesting a Statement of Reasons

If you have any specific questions then please reply to this post and if I can help then I will.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris