× Members

PIP Assessment

More
5 years 2 months ago #228322 by marie4543
PIP Assessment was created by marie4543
Today I read a post on a PIP support group FB page stating that in assessments people with mental health conditions, depression, anxiety etc now have to write down a 12 month plan of how they intend to seek self help to improve their mental health conditions and then it is put with their assessment form. Failure to do so and failure to get this help means they are not being compliant and are penslised. I have never heard of this before for PIP. I have looked in the guides and on forums but the only mention of being encouraged to do a 12 month plan as a way forward is by a Work Coach and nothing to do with PIP. Can you shed any light on this please? Given the treatment and self help I’ve already done over the years as referred to by my GP, the 18 months on the waiting list I am currently on for further hospital treatment, I don’t see how this is possible. I’m wondering f this is a case of Chinese Wispers and have got facts mixed up? There are people now and n a panic. Thank you and kind regards M

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #228338 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Assessment
marie

I've never heard of this, there is no legal requirement for it to be done and requiring it would likely be a breach of the Equality Act.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 2 months ago #228340 by nanniehelga
Replied by nanniehelga on topic PIP Assessment
God I can’t plan today never 12 months

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris