× Members

PIP review journey

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #228325 by Mark
PIP review journey was created by Mark
Thank you Gordon and B&W for your help.

I thought it might be helpful if I let you and others know the time scales of my journey through this very successful PIP review.
I was previously assessed for PIP in 2012 scoring 12 points for care and 12 points for Moving around for a 3 year period.

In September 2018 I received the review papers to be received by DWP by 5 October 2018, I stated no changes and did not have any new medical evidence. My face to face despite no changes was on 29 January 2019. It took 3 weeks for the DWP to receive the assessor's report. The report was written 16 days after the assessment as stated on my copy. On 22 February I received a text from DWP confirming receipt of the assessment report. Today I received the decision, so it's taken less than 4 weeks for a decision to be made and received by me.

So no change stated from 12 points for each in 2012 to be reviewed by 2019 to 16 points for care and 24 points mobility and the best news is that it's now an on going award. Just shows that opinions and advice from assessors is as varied as each human being. Hope I get some piece now for the next 10 years when I'll be 70. Thanks again to you all.

Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #228341 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP review journey
Mark

That's terrific news, well done.

Gordon

Tags: @RESULT @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.