× Members

Frightened to apply for PIP

More
5 years 1 month ago #228386 by Dalglish60
Frightened to apply for PIP was created by Dalglish60
Hi
I am told I qualify for pip on permanent mental health grounds and the descriptors along with some learning disability. It would improve my money worries a little as I only receive ESA Support Group. But I am absolutely terrified to apply for PIP. Just the thought of being grilled about the descriptors etc scares the hell out of me and some. Never applied for DLA in the past, even before it was changed to PIP.

Anyone else in the same mind set? I know it's my decision but its one I absolutely dread.

NG67

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #228403 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Frightened to apply for PIP
Nevergiveup

I am concerned that you have been told this, I'm not saying that you do not qualify but PIP is not awarded directly because of mental health or learning difficulties, you can only receive it because you are unable to complete the PIP activities reliably on the majority of days.

Have you looked at the activities and the specific criteria that you need to meet?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheMerlin486

More
5 years 1 month ago #228454 by petrocelli
Replied by petrocelli on topic Frightened to apply for PIP
Hi Nevergiveup

If it's any consolation, I too am too petrified to apply for Pip and am also only on ESA (c) and would say that I "exist" I don't "live", neither do I qualify for IR ESA..............................I empathise with you as I know from others whom I am aware of via a support group that financially their lives are a great deal more comfortable than mine.

However, I appreciate also that they were brave enough to weather the STRESSES AND STRAINS of yet another assessment......................personally, I know the hell I go through re; the ESA claim alone......................................it's a shame that we don't all fill out the same form once and the DWP the cross references that form with all possible benefits claims.

Good luck, only you can make that decision.

Kindest regards
P:woohoo:

More
5 years 1 month ago #228513 by TheMerlin486
Replied by TheMerlin486 on topic Frightened to apply for PIP
On the balance of things if you make an application for PIP you have nothing to lose as the decision, one way or another will not impact your existing benefits afaik.

More
5 years 1 month ago #228606 by Julie
Replied by Julie on topic Frightened to apply for PIP
Hi NG67

I have nothing useful to add, except it helped me to read your post. I feel the exact same.
I sent off for the form a few years back but couldn't fill it in.
I have managed to do a letter requesting the form again this morning but its left me literally shaking. I couldn't even handle phoning up for it and not really sure how I'll cope when it arrives, would kind of need me to be able to open post :)
Just wanted you to know you are not alone with this.

J

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.