× Members

Tribunal and a Holiday

More
5 years 1 month ago #228398 by mobbba
Tribunal and a Holiday was created by mobbba
Hi....So today I got the letter with the date for my second tribunal. Its 22nd May at 10.00am

My Grandaughter is getting married on Thursday 16th May in Majorca and I am attending the wedding.

My worries......What will be said by the tribunal if I have been on holiday. I have heard some people have lost their tribunal because it was deemed they could go on holiday, on a flight etc.

I might not be able to hide it if my face is brown or my hands. Could I please have some advice? It not as if I have been a nervous wreck for the past two years waiting to get my benefit back. Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #228407 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Tribunal and a Holiday
Mobba

Are your limitations ones that would reasonably be impacted by this break? Would you have problems with any parts of the journey or the wedding itself? can you sit in a plain for that long?

Ultimately, this is a one-off trip and you are not doing these things on a daily basis, also, the appeal is about your conditions at the time that the Decision was made and not how you are now but you should be prepared to answer questions about the trip, they may not ask but if they do, be ready.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #228413 by mobbba
Replied by mobbba on topic Tribunal and a Holiday
We have sorted it in stages, travel to airport and stay over. 2 hour flight with wheelchair assistance at both airports. I have hired a mobility scooter at hotel and also a wheelchair.

I have cervical spopndylosis which limits my upper body. Multiple arthritic joints, I need 3 replacements but cannot have surgery as chest has been too bad, I have asthma and COPD
Plus mental health issues.
I cant walk much and have difficulty standing.

More
5 years 1 month ago #228596 by mobbba
Replied by mobbba on topic Tribunal and a Holiday
I have decided not to go to the wedding. I have this chance of a second tribunal and I don't want to put anything in the way of being able to get my benefit back.

I don't think I would enjoy the break, I would not be able to relax.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris