× Members

ESA and 7 years

More
5 years 1 month ago #228434 by Mark
ESA and 7 years was created by Mark
Hi Gordon,

With PIP now out of the way for quite a while my thoughts have turned to ESA. I'm in the support group and have been since my last assessment in 2012. Is it possible the DWP have reassessed me without me knowing about it? It's been very nearly 7 years.

Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #228438 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA and 7 years
Mark

It is possible although you should have been notified if this happened. You can check by contacting the DWP office dealing with your claim.

ESA is an indefinite award so you remain entitled to the SG payments until a new Decision is made.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #228476 by Sammylou40
Replied by Sammylou40 on topic ESA and 7 years
I transferred to esa from ib in 2012 too. Was awarded 3 years sg. Hearing nothing in 2015 I stuck my head above the parapet and rang my local job centre to find out my review date. Was told is was 2018. I asked if it had been reviewed but was told it was impossible without an esa50. Keen not to draw attention I ended call! Then in June 2018 I got a letter saying my claim had been looked at again and would continue. No forms!
However, in January this year I got the dreaded envelope.
So it was seven years for me too. Waiting for the outcome
If you don’t want to ring dwp and draw attention then your Jobcentre can give you your review date
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark

More
5 years 1 month ago #228672 by Mark
Replied by Mark on topic ESA and 7 years
Hi Gordon,

Just for reference in case B&W like to keep track of DWP delays on reassessment of ESA.
During a phone call I made to the DWP this morning they confirmed that the last time I was assessed for ESA was in June 2012 at which time I was put in the support group. They advised me that their system states that I will be reassessed in June 2020. I asked if they could bring it forward but they said it doesn't work like that. It's odd that it will have been 8 years between assessments but either way I'm not too bothered because I will meet the 4 criteria for exclusion of future assessments.

Mark
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris