× Members

I have transitioned from DLA tp PIP.

More
5 years 1 month ago #228512 by Pauline
I have transitioned from DLA tp PIP. was created by Pauline
Hi Gordon,

Perhaps you can clarify something for me, as I looked on the Scope disability sight and I read something on there that I am confused about.
Someone had said that they received the award for general care but could not get any mobility award.
A person that knows quite a bit about the awards asked how old the claimant was. Apparently
the claimant was over 65 years. The person answered her and told her that as she was over 65 years old she would not be considered for the mobility component anyway as that part ends at 64 years old.

I wonder if you could clear that statement up for me as I also transitioned from DLA to PIP

and I have reached the pension age so does that mean I will be okay to get the care part of PIP but I will be unable to gain any points for the mobility component as I am too old. Perhaps that is why I did not get any points for Mobility although I have not been told that by DWP and even in mandatory reconsideration they did not say you cannot claim the mobility part.

Can you let me know if this is the case and if being over pension age disqualifies you from the mobility component.
Thank-you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #228556 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic I have transitioned from DLA tp PIP.
Pauline

You cannot receive a new award of Mobility or an increased one once you reach State Retirement Age but if you already have an award then it can continue past SRA as long as you continue to meet the criteria. The only exception to this is when a claimant is being transferred from DLA to PIP where the age limit is suspended for that initial Decision.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #228588 by Pauline
Replied by Pauline on topic I have transitioned from DLA tp PIP.
Thank-you for the reply Gordon, that's okay then as I already had enhanced for my DLA mobility but obviously understand what you say about still meeting criteria for PIP

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.