× Members

IAS providing a taxi pick-up for assessment?

More
5 years 1 month ago #228589 by Susie27
Dear Gordon and Team,

I wonder if you could help me once again.

My partner received a phone call today (I assume from IAS) to inform him that he needs to attend an ESA assessment on either Thursday or Friday of this week. He chose Friday knowing his friend will be able to accompany him.

The assessment is scheduled for 8.50am and IAS have told him they will send a taxi to pick him up, approximately an hour before the assessment time. I am anxious for him as he could be waiting for a taxi that does not arrive.

I apologise for being vague but should we telephone again to ensure that they have logged that a taxi will be booked? I am mistrustful of IAS actually organising AND paying for a taxi..... Should we also send a letter saying "Furthur to your telephone call on 1st April please confirm by text the booking of the taxi and the time I can expect it etc?"

I do not anticipate the assessment letter will arrive - from IAS - before the scheduled assessment time on Friday morning.

Many thanks, as always,

Susie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #228612 by Gordon
Susie

This sounds like a short notice assessment, so your partner did not need to accept either date but having done so, is now committed to attending.

If it is an ESA assessment then it was not booked by IAS, they only do PIP assessments, it is Maximus, aka CHDA, aka HAAS that do the ESA ones.

www.chdauk.co.uk/contact-us

Yes, I would double check that a taxi has been arranged.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #228615 by Susie27
Replied by Susie27 on topic IAS providing a taxi pick-up for assessment?
Dear Gordon,

Thank you for this reply. It is for ESA and we will double check regarding the taxi.

Best wishes,

Susie

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris