× Members

My medical form has "been lost" Please help!

More
5 years 2 months ago #228594 by Sheryl
Hello there -

I completed my ESA renewal form and included over 100 pages of medical documentation, sent it off registered mail for guaranteed next day delivery and indeed it was signed for the following day.

I have now received a letter saying they have not received my questionnaire and failure to send it back before the cut off date, which is April 8th could affect my benefits. In view of this one of my carers called them and was told it is not on "their system" so therefore cannot have been received. My carer said it had been received and that she could give them the reference number which they could check on Royal Mail's track and trace system then and there if they wished. He then said something about them not doing that but asked when it was signed for and who signed for it. My carer gave him the information and he then said he would ask their "data department". Sometime later he came back and told her that the data department didn't have it so it could not have been received. My carer asked what should we do and was told that he could only tell her it had not been received and needed to be with them by the 8th of A pril (basically reiterating the contents of the letter).

Has anyone got any idea what can be done now? I have a serious operation next week and won't be able to complete another form for several weeks (although that was never suggested to my carer) , let alone photocopy over 100 pages of medical evidence again. What if that "gets lost" too? Should I call and request another form and ask for them to wait until I have recovered from my operation for me to fill it in?

I have been disabled since 1991 and am on the higher rate of both components of PIPs, so this is concerning me even more because completing a form is, was a result of my condition, extremely difficult to physically do the first time around.

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds to this :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #228619 by Gordon
Sheryl

If your form was due back by the 8th then the letter you have received is the reminder letter which is sent to arrive at the end of week three of the four weeks claimants have to return the form.

When was the form supposed to have arrived?

Did you send it a Wolverhampton address or another one?

I would try contacting the DWP again, it can sometimes take a day or two for the form to be registered as received.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sheryl

More
5 years 2 months ago #228642 by Sheryl
Thank you, Gordon.
It was sent to an address in Nottingham.
Anyway, it transpires that once my carer asked to speak with a supervisor, the file of mine suddenly turned up, so it may just have been a member of staff not doing their job very well yesterday. Phew! What a relief.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.