× Members

Moving house

More
5 years 2 months ago #228595 by Idonia
Moving house was created by Idonia
Hello,

I am moving house in a couple of weeks, and I would like to get some input on the letters I will be posting to the DWP to notify them of my change of address. There is one letter for PIP, and one letter for ESA. Both letters are copied below, with personal info (such as my name, NINO, and old & new addresses) either left out or redacted.

PIP letter:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to you to advise that I will be moving to a new house, and that subsequently from Thursday 18th April 2019, my address will be:

[Redacted]

I would ask that you please update your records accordingly.

I will write again once I have been informed of my new landline telephone number. In the meantime, please be advised that any mobile phone numbers that you may have for me on your records are no longer in use and I would ask for these to be removed, if applicable.

Yours faithfully,
etc.

ESA letter:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am writing to you to advise that I will be moving to a new house, and that subsequently from Thursday 18th April 2019, my address will be:

[Redacted]

I would ask that you please update your records accordingly.

I will write again once I have been informed of my new landline telephone number. In the meantime, please be advised that any mobile phone numbers that you may have for me on your records are no longer in use and I would ask for these to be removed, if applicable.

As I am in receipt of the Severe Disability Premium, payable as part of my Employment & Support Allowance, I understand that I will not be required to make a claim for Universal Credit at this time.

Yours faithfully,
etc.

I will be sending these letters recorded delivery in the next few days, and will be following them up with phone calls a week or so afterwards.

Please let me know what you think.

Many thanks in advance.

Idonia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #228620 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Moving house
Idonia

The letters are fine although I don't think you need to mention the SDP, your moving does not require a claim for UC in regard to your ESA.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Idonia

More
5 years 1 month ago #228644 by Idonia
Replied by Idonia on topic Moving house
Hi Gordon,

Thanks for your response.

I'm actually moving about 350 miles away from where I'm currently living, in order to be closer to my family, so I obviously won't be staying in the same Local Authority Area! I receive LHA in my current area, and will be making a new claim for LHA in my new area (I have already been sent the application form) and I was under the impression that - prior to 16th January 2019 - if I moved within the same Local Authority Area, I wouldn't be forced onto Universal Credit, but if I moved into a different Local Authority Area, then I would be? Please correct me if I've got that wrong!

Obviously since 16th January 2019 I wouldn't be forced onto Universal Credit regardless of where I moved to, but I did think I should mention the SDP in my letter in case whoever reads it hasn't been given the memo yet!

Regards,
Idonia.

More
5 years 1 month ago #228653 by Gordon
Idonia

The point I was making is that in the context of ESA, moving house is not a Change that requires a claim for UC, also the ESA department has nothing to do with UC so the information is redundant but it should not cause any confusion if you include the comment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #228673 by Idonia
Replied by Idonia on topic Moving house
Hi Gordon,

Ah, I see. I'd been led to believe that moving into a new LA area would mean having to make a claim for UC, and even though I get SDP, I didn't want anyone at the DWP thinking that I would need to (mainly because the benefits department at the local council offices in the area I'm moving to initially seemed to be under the impression that that was the case). Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Regards,
Idonia.

More
5 years 1 month ago #228684 by Gordon
Idonia

That wasn't what I was saying but don't worry about it, send your letter, it's fine.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.