× Members

meal prep

More
5 years 2 months ago #228647 by Berni
meal prep was created by Berni
hello,

not sure i am doing this correctly - here goes

firstly thanks for great site, informative without increasing anxiety.

i am waiting for my claim form. Have completed the online test and it all looks good. I am concerned about what to say about meal prep. I have Cerebral palsy, and ME. cooking is very difficult for me now, My kitchen is accessible for my chair - I can't turn around. no table, work surfaces are normal height so not accessible. Standing is very difficult, i don't feel safe due to poor balance and have to keep sitting down in my wheelchair behind me. I can make toast and tea but due to ME and fatigue/brain for there are days when this is difficult now. How do I present this on the form/assessment. Does this count as a basic meal. I can carry food, but often drop food, cutlery and spill drinks in transition to lounge about 8 ft away.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #228656 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic meal prep
Berni

Have you looked at our PIP Claim guide it includes a strategy for explaining your limitations and worked examples for you to refer to? This includes an explanation of what a simple meal is.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

Think about how you would break the activity down and the problems that you might have with each task, so as an example; you mention that worktops are at the wrong height, could you use a perching stool and if not, why?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris