× Members

DWP requested Statement of Reasons re. PIP

More
5 years 1 month ago #228678 by Garland
Hi Gordon,

I was recently made an award by Tribunal for PIP.

The DWP wrote to me a few days later saying they had requested a Statement of Reasons, with a view to possibly taking it to a higher Tribunal for review.

It was of course a disappointing and stressful development, as I suspected this whole saga would continue for another 6 months to a year, with an unknown outcome.

The Judge wrote her Statement of Reasons about a month later, which was sent to the DWP (and I was also sent a copy).

A few weeks later the DWP approved my award and my PIP was backdated.

I am writing this post because I found little on the internet about it, it seems to be quite rare I believe for the DWP to request a Statement of Reasons and I was really struggling with it.

So, its really to say, there can be a positive outcome. You just never know (either way).

P.S. Thank you also for your help over the last 2 years - I posted a couple of times under a different name last time I subscribed. Mrs Hurtyback also helped alot, though it seems like she is not on the forum now. I hope she is well.

Best wishes

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #228686 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic DWP requested Statement of Reasons re. PIP
Garland

Congratulations on the award, that's terrific news, well done.

Gordon

Tags: @RESULT @PIP @APPEAL

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris