× Members

Challenging a PIP decision on review time only

More
5 years 1 month ago #228690 by Asbo
Hello
I wondered if you can challenge the recommended time for the next review (e.g because it's too short), without them looking at the rest of the award again (i.e. the mobility and daily living).
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #228691 by Gordon
Asbo

Yes, you can challenge the length of a PIP award but there is no way to restrict what is looked at, both the DWP and a Tribunal panel can look at the whole award. The risk is low that you would lose points but it is real, we had a member post earlier today who went from seven to two points ar MR.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Asbo

More
5 years 1 month ago #228701 by Asbo
Thanks Gordon
I appreciate there is a small risk. I'm just wondering if that risk is less at appeal stage, rather than at MR?
Thanks

More
5 years 1 month ago #228710 by Gordon
Asbo

A Tribunal panel will look at the issues being appealed but they still have a responsibility to ensure that the award is correct, however, the Judge is required to tell the claimant if they believe that their existing award is in jeopardy and to adjourn the hearing to allow the claimant to get advice.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Asbo

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris