× Members

PIP reassessment due and need to be ready

More
5 years 1 month ago #228747 by duckduckdo
PIP reassessment due and need to be ready was created by duckduckdo
Hi Gordon. On my PIP transfer from DLA the nurse asked can you read. I answered yes but then she dismissed the rest of my reply, my cognitive , concentration, poor memory etc (due to M.E and Fybromyalgia) on the reading description. She ticked I can read and understand. I thought you had to be able to understand what you had read, as it isn’t just a physical question but a mental one too? She stated as I haven’t a reported learning difficulty she is able to complete this task. I got no points. I was only 1 point off getting enhanced care. I was too ill to do an MR but as I am due to be reassessed due you think it will be ok for me to refer to the above to point out not aa the descriptor was taken into consideration? Also I didn’t send in any printouts of symptoms of M.E and Fybromyalgia as the form said not to.I assumed,wrongly, that my assessor would know the cognitive problems as a well known symptom of these 2 chronic conditions. A lot of patients/ medical professionals actually refer to it as fibrofog.? To me this is a contradiction as she said I could not plan the route of a journey as MSE shows lack of concentration etc. She also ticked claimant has a mental, intellectual or cognitive impairment and need additional support to comply with future claim processes. Can you explain what this means and how do you get additional support?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #228760 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP reassessment due and need to be ready
mememe

There's no value in you referring back to the previous assessment report, if they actually refer to it then it will be taken as written and your comments will be treated as simply "he said, she said".

I would be cautious of describing it as "brain fog" or "fibrofog", I think the phrases trivialise the problems that claimants face with memory and cognition, due to their conditions, tiredness or the effects of medication.

Explain how you are affected and what causes the issue, give specific examples. You need to be affected on the majority of days so explain when you are affected and if it varies, how this happens? How you are at your worst, your best and on average, best doesn't have to mean OK.

There were clearly conflicting statements on the previous report, the additional support is just a flag on your computer record, it should allow you to request an extension for completing the form beyond the normal two weeks that is offered.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: duckduckdo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris