× Members

PIP appeal questions about cooking.

More
5 years 1 month ago #228806 by Eggcustard
PIP appeal questions about cooking. was created by Eggcustard
Hi,

Can I just ask a few things please?

1.whether cooking a meal is three times a day, i.e. if I could cook one meal (porridge in microwave) but that’s all I could cook that day what should the points be please?
2.whether the microwave descriptor is only for ready meals, if I can put a ready meal in the microwave will I only score two points? I thought it had to be about preparing meals from fresh ingredients 3 times a day, peeling, chopping etc

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #228822 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP appeal questions about cooking.
Eggcustard

1. The Descriptors refer to a simple meal, the frequency is not specified but daily would be a reasonable assumption unless another frequency was required. I'm not sure that porridge would meet the definition of a simple meal;

“Simple meal” means a cooked one-course meal for one using fresh ingredients.

2. No, using the microwave still requires the claimant to prepare and cook a simple meal.

You need to be able to complete the activities reliably and on the majority of days.

Think about the problems you have with preparing and cooking a meal and then think about how a suitable aid might allow you to overcome your problems, what about assistance from someone else?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Eggcustard

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.