× Members

Blue Badge Renewals

More
5 years 1 month ago #228826 by Pauline
Blue Badge Renewals was created by Pauline
Hi Gordon,
Please can you help, my blue badge is up for renewal end of August. I automatically could renew when on enhanced rate for DLA. As I did not get points for going out or moving around I have lost that component of PIP. I have sent in my appeal so now I have the waiting game for all the appeal. What should I do, as I usually put in my application about June/July but as I have no PIP for the mobility part it will not be automatic eligibility although I can probably fill in the second part where the council assess you themselves however my council are strict. If I tell them I am on appeal for PIP do you think they may let me have a temporary badge. It is ridiculous all these things I have been used to having as they were needed and suddenly without them getting around and managing becomes increasingly difficult. One day the people who brought in all this PIP criteria will have some of our problems then they will know just how difficult life is.

Sorry to rant thank-you for your help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #228840 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Blue Badge Renewals
Pauline

I'm afraid the BB rules are black and white, you need to have a qualifying award for automatic qualification, they aren't going to issue one on the basis that you are appealing.

Having the Local Authority assess you may not be a bad thing, you could use the result as part of your appeal if successful.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #228856 by Pauline
Replied by Pauline on topic Blue Badge Renewals
Thank-you for your reply, I know you get the Blue -badge automatically if you have qualifying award but like I said the council have a second part on the form if you have not qualified and apparently if your difficulty is walking then they will still look at giving you a badge. Like you said it would also go someway towards showing them at the appeal, Its really all I can do so I can give it a try and see how it goes.

More
5 years 1 month ago #228868 by lesley
Replied by lesley on topic Blue Badge Renewals
When I was waiting for my knee replacement end of 2017 (had op in early 2018) I needed to go for a mobility assessment for a Taxi Card (Com Cab) I was successful. The assessor suggested that I also requested a blue badge, this I did. I was given one for 3 years. I only get low mobility D.L.A. (Am 71)

More
5 years 1 month ago #228888 by sadjnl
Replied by sadjnl on topic Blue Badge Renewals
Pauline, I have had a Blue Badge for years even though I did not get full rate mobility. However it was due for renewal in December 2018, I went and seen my GP who wrote me a supporting letter, then I got my Blue Badge.
Hope this gives you some encouragement.
S

More
5 years 1 month ago #228916 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic Blue Badge Renewals
Hi Pauline,

I qualified (phone call to confim this earlier today) on the basis that I get higher mobility 'planning and following a journey'.

I don't think it's been implemented but this year it becomes law. Anyway, my council has awarded me non the less.

I wanted to say that the rules for walking to get a badge through the council are nowhere as strict as if you qualified through PIP.

If you can show that you have considerable trouble walking you should be ok.

Just thought I'd let you know - good luck!

Phrank.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.