× Members

Will this go for or against me?

More
4 years 11 months ago #228852 by CoolgirlM
Will this go for or against me? was created by CoolgirlM
Hello all,

I put in a request for a MR just over a month ago. Nearly a fortnight ago, I made a suicide attempt. Since the suicide attempt, I had an appointment with my GP and have had my appointment with my psychiatrist.
Yesterday, or the day before, I phoned the PIP helpline and asked them to add this information to my MR.
I wanted to keep them up to date with my condition, but now I’m concerned they will think my suicide attempt was a ploy for sympathy.
What are your thoughts on this matter? I hasten to add I suffer from paranoia, so as soon as I had hung up the phone, I’d got myself into a terrible mistake wondering if I had done the wrong thing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #228857 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Will this go for or against me?
CoolgirlM

Nobody is going to treat this as a stunt, the DWP have protocols for dealing with this situation but the most important thing is that you look after yourself so if you feel like this again please get help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: unBat412Fd, ivyfox, TheMerlin486, Waylay, CoolgirlM

More
4 years 11 months ago #228858 by CoolgirlM
Replied by CoolgirlM on topic Will this go for or against me?
Thank you.

I’ve taken time off work and although they are getting on my last nerve, my family have been all over me like a rash to make sure I don’t do anything stupid.

More
4 years 11 months ago #228859 by CoolgirlM
Replied by CoolgirlM on topic Will this go for or against me?
Also, do you know how long the MR is likely going to take? The text I received said 6 weeks, but imagine that will probably be closer to 8-10 weeks?

More
4 years 11 months ago #228861 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Will this go for or against me?
CoolgirlM

There have been increasing delays in the PIP Decision process so it is more likely to be 8-10 weeks.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: CoolgirlM

More
4 years 11 months ago #228869 by Ellen
Replied by Ellen on topic Will this go for or against me?
I put in my MR on 30th Jan - have been told they will inform me of the result before the 7th may.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CoolgirlM

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.