× Members

Medical Certificate needed but in ESA support grou

More
4 years 11 months ago #228954 by Cuillinmoon
Hi, I’ve been on ESA since Feb 2013. I was reassessed in April 2017, stayed in support Group. In all that time, I’ve never been asked to send a medical certificate. I got a copy of my ESA85A in April 2017 and it recommended 2 years before I could work. So I was expecting an ESA50 any time now. Then on Friday, I got a letter asking for a medical certificate as the last one I sent runs out on 9 April (but I’ve never sent one before, just had ESA50 form and paper assessment).

I rang the DWP and they said their was a random end date put on my computer record when I was moved from IB to ESA in 2013 and it was 9 April 2019. Which seems coincidental as the decision for this claim for 2 years was made on 11 April 2017 and so would end on 10 April 2019, the day they want my sick note from now.

They also said that the Review date for my current ESA claim is 8 April 2021 and so the letter requesting a medical certificate was a mistake and not to send one. And that my money would continue.

I’ve got a medical certificate from my gp anyway but it’s only dated until 30 September 2019.

My questions are:

Do I have to send a medical certificate even though I’m in the support group (although due for reassessment according to the ESA85A but with a review date of April 2021?).

Is this a new thing the DWP are doing to save themselves from having to reassess via an ESA50?

Will they continue to ask me for medical certificates now until the review date of April 2021?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #228967 by Gordon
Elgolmoon

If you are in the SG then you do not need to provide Fit Notes, as the call centre staff told you, the letter was a mistake.

We are seeing a lot of claimants in the SG having their reassessment dates deferred, it looks like you are another one.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Cuillinmoon

More
4 years 11 months ago #229020 by phrank
Hi Gordon,

Just reading this has got me wondering. I phoned the ESA helpline early last year and they told me my next assessment had been moved forward to December this year after it had been looked at and moved because off my condition.

Fair enough, now my query is: is it possible that this could be moved forward once more?

Or are reassements only deferred once?

Given the fact that I will be almost 64 if they send for me in December and my GP has more than once told me to stop worrying as there is no way I should even contemplate working again.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Phrank.

More
4 years 11 months ago #229024 by Gordon
phrank

I'm sorry but I can't answer your question, deferments are done using a policy that is not in the public domain, we don't why one claimant is deferred and another is not.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #229032 by phrank
Thanks Gordon,

I think I'll phone the helpline near the time but relax a bit. That's my trouble on top of everything else I'm a born worrier.

Phrank.

More
4 years 11 months ago #229070 by petrocelli
Thank you so very much for your recent posts Phrank.

My ESA50 is almost two months late, I too am in the SG, so it could be that I too have been deferred!

Any more information out there re; deferments?

Kindest of regards
P.:woohoo:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.