× Members

Pip renewal.. lonely and scared

More
5 years 1 week ago #229156 by Spooks
Pip renewal.. lonely and scared was created by Spooks
Hi all, I’ll apologise now for what I fear my be a long post.

I was awarded enchanted DL and M in 2014 after being transferred from dla to pip

Last year, I got a letter saying my pip was up for renewal, and to fill out the forms, which I did and sent back in November (along with approx 50 pages of updated evidence) (16 physical disability and a number of mental health conditions)

Then in February I got a letter from capita, saying I needed a face to face (didn’t have one to begin with in 2014) this caused me a great deal of distress.

The assessor was cold, and wouldn’t accept any of my extra extra evidence (despite my letter asking me to bring it with me) he then spent 1 hour 40 minutes asking me numerous questions, but, didn’t ask me about over half of my conditions, I questioned this, and he said he’d forgotten, and then rather abruptly ended the assessment. He said the report would be with dwp within 48 hours.

I have today contacted dwp, and they said they haven’t received the report yet. However, they said that have asked for clarification on something.. is this normal? How can they ask for clarification on something if they haven’t had the report? I’m so confused. And I’m worried sick.

They’ve said it will be another 4/6 weeks for the decision, I don’t think I’ll make it another 4 weeks. My mental health is through the roof, I’ve not slept for more than an hour at a time since February.

I’m hoping for some advice/support or least know I’m not alone. Sorry again for the long post

Spooks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 week ago #229168 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip renewal.. lonely and scared
Spooks

I agree they would not ask for clarification on a report they had not received but the DWP doing so is usually a good thing, it means that they are not accepting the report at face value, however, there is nothing you can do until a Decision is made.

Did you send the evidence that the assessor refused to take to the DWP?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 week ago #229174 by Spooks
Replied by Spooks on topic Pip renewal.. lonely and scared
Hi Gordon,
Yes, I sent via special delivery and they have ck former they received it. They didn’t sound impressed that capita refused it. He didn’t even want to check my medication.

I’ve got an awful feeling I’ll be asked to go to another f2f

More
5 years 1 week ago #229205 by Spooks
Replied by Spooks on topic Pip renewal.. lonely and scared
Would it be worth ringing them again to ask them to clarify this? It’s driven crazy all night, I’ll be a nervous wreck by the time I get my decision. I’m already worried sick. I don’t thunk the assessor liked me.

More
5 years 1 week ago #229217 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip renewal.. lonely and scared
Spooks

It can't do any harm and if helps you to cope, then definitely.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.