× Members

PIP Assessment

More
5 years 1 week ago #229231 by B3lla
PIP Assessment was created by B3lla
Hi, my MR was refused so I am going to tribunal but am still awaiting the DWP response.
I sent a written complaint to ATOS re the previous assessment but they said they didn't receive it so I sent another by Royal Mail "Signed For" but this has apparently got lost. Sent another by email a week ago but no response.
I have put a new claim in for PIP and have surprisingly been approved for a home visit. Although no date yet.
I am so nervous, the previous assessment was a nightmare, lies and inconsistencies throughout. I feel as though I'm going to have to go to the ends of the Earth to prove my disabilities.
I have mental health problems and have just had heart surgery last week.
I was so optimistic when I had my last assessment and even more so with my MR. I was shocked when it was refused in all aspects.
Does anyone have any tips to help me with this next assessment.

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 week ago - 5 years 1 week ago #229238 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Assessment
B3lla

Your primary focus has to be on why you meet the criteria for an award.

Whilst an inaccurate report is almost certain to have played a part you also need to consider whether you have properly explained your problems in your claim form, is it possible that you have misunderstood the Descriptors, described your problems in terms that do not match the Descriptors or failed to make appropriate use of the reliability criteria or the need for your limitations to be present on the majority of days to be considered?

As a second exercise, tackle the issues in the report but try and stick to ones that lead to your scoring points and issues of fact over the assessor's opinions but if you do argue these then don't do it head-on try and undermine their opinion by reference to your own testimony and the evidence that you provided.

Your submission, as long as you have opted for an Oral hearing, needs to be with the Tribunal Service no later than 10 days before the hearing so you have plenty of time to hone it.

Make sure you read the DWP's submission, it's unlikely that there will be anything new in it but you never know.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 5 years 1 week ago by Gordon.
The following user(s) said Thank You: B3lla

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.