× Members

ESA85A

More
5 years 1 week ago #229246 by Maggie
ESA85A was created by Maggie
Dear Gordon,
I've just read the latest scanty ESA report. There's a serious omission but I'm still in the support group under substantial risk. The HCP does however "advise that work is unlikely within 2 years" & "evidence that improvement is unlikely in the longer term".
Does this mean I might not have to endure another assessment for 2 years from the decision? It might give me a bit of breathing space to do some psychotherapy again which I couldn't manage after 3 assessments in 12 months(I've also had PIP)?
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 week ago #229248 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA85A
BEMM4

Yes, the DWP usually follow the assessor's recommendation on reassessment period, you can check by contacting the DWP office dealing with your claim.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maggie

More
5 years 1 week ago #229249 by Maggie
Replied by Maggie on topic ESA85A
Thanks Gordon, I'd understood that substantial risk category only lasted 12 months. Maybe I can stop worrying about benefits morning, noon & night & look after my health a bit better.:silly:

More
5 years 1 week ago #229250 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA85A
BEMM4

I'm not aware of any limitation on the reassessment time that can be set for a Decision based on the Substantial Risk Regulations.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.