× Members

a few questions about pip

More
5 years 2 days ago #229283 by LeChuck
a few questions about pip was created by LeChuck
Hi.

I was awarded PIP in 2017, with a date of 12/4/17 for 3 years. I am expecting a letter from DWP (ie 2 years later) but still nothing has arrived.
In December 2017 I was awarded SG ESA without even applying and only found out when by my carer telephoning DWP in February 2018 to check I had not missed a letter from them.

My question is should I have received the next PIP letter by now or does something seem not right? I know it is extremely unlikely to gain an award without an application but the wait between December 2017 and Feb 2018 where they didnt tell me about ESA made me extremely ill (I claim in mental health grounds, in the main). IS there a reason I havent received anything yet?

I was discharged by my CMHT in Nov 2018. My relationship with them was awful. They were hopeless and blamed me for everything. Ultimately they said, in a psychologists letter, they thought I was playing the NHS system to help with benefits which is absolutely untrue.

Will the discharge generally and this letter more specifically hurt my chances with PIP and ESA?
I saw my GP throughout my tenure with the CMHT and kept him informed about my struggles with them (they shared my data, sent sensitive letters to the wrong flat etc multiple times and were generally hostile and adversarial) and am tempted to email the GP with my view of this saga - but fear that will just 'prove' the CMHT witch trial accusation.

Many thanks for reading,
W

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 days ago #229289 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic a few questions about pip
MrWoofer

1. would have expected the DWP to have initiated the reassessment on the 12th but you are still within the period to have received the new form, 10-14 days, especially with the Easter break. If you have not received the form by the end of the week then give the office dealing with your claim a call.

2. Being discharged from the clinic should not be an issue, lots of claimants no longer attend an NHS resource because it was only available for a fixed period of time or because the treatment was having no substantive effect on their conditions.

The letter is another thing and would definitely hurt your claim if it ever came into the possession of the DWP.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: LeChuck

More
5 years 2 days ago #229320 by LeChuck
Replied by LeChuck on topic a few questions about pip
Tx Gordon for your reply.

I am upset about this and will try and collect some thoughts together. This is just my initial reaction.
It just isnt true and there's a detailed history of animosity between them and I.

I may have worded it strongly ("Ultimately they said, in a psychologists letter, they thought I was playing the NHS system to help with benefits which is absolutely untrue.") because that isnt, literally, what was written.
Is there a way I can stop the DWP getting this letter? Even if the DWP dont see the letter
wont my GP just parrot the overall spirit of said letter to the DWP anyway?

Sorry if this is confused, I'm struggling here.
Tx again

More
5 years 2 days ago #229328 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic a few questions about pip
MrWoofer

The DWP will not see the letter unless you send them a copy or they request a copy of your medical records, I can't remember the last time someone on the forum reporting the latter.

As to your GP, in all likelihood the DWP won't contact them but I would sit down with them and find out what they think about the letter.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: LeChuck

More
4 years 11 months ago #230185 by LeChuck
Replied by LeChuck on topic a few questions about pip
I finally braved up enough to call them today. I still havent received anything.

They just told me reassessment was April 2020 and not to expect anything until xmas. When I pushed and said normally its a year early, ie april 2019, they just said well a year has gone hasnt it and we can see there is nothing that has been sent out.

I darent contact my gp, about anything at all including health issues - nevermind this, as a consequence of my cmht experience. I know this is stupid but I just feel like an un-person.

Thanks for your help

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.