× Members

UC Appointment

More
4 years 11 months ago #229287 by dynamite
UC Appointment was created by dynamite
Hi Gordon,

The Jobcentre keep cancelling my telephone appointments and changing them to appointments at the Jobcentre, I've not spoken to them or seen them in months, a couple of weeks ago they stopped my UC claim. I called this morning again to book a telephone appointment and they booked one for me, but it's been changed to a face to face again. Apparently, my work coach wants to see me in person, but I read from an FOI request that you don't need to attend the Jobcentre, and telephone appointments should suffice. I can't leave the house due to my health, so I hope you can offer some advice.

Many Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #229292 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic UC Appointment
dynamite

If the JC+ advisor wants to see you then you need to deal with this issue, booking a telephone appointment is only going to lead to you being sanctioned for failing to attend at their offices.

The JC+ staff have no access to your medical information and may have no idea that you cannot leave your house.

There should be a contact number on the letter for the advisor, ring them and explain your problems.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.