× Members

ESA and part time degree

More
5 years 1 day ago #229296 by gaz111
ESA and part time degree was created by gaz111
Hello, I was wondering if you can study for a degree part time at university and still get your ESA?

I am in the support group for mental health problems. I am looking to try and do something to help a, improve my health by having something to work towards b, learn skills for the future. I could only really study if I got my ESA too as I wouldn’t be able to manage I don’t think otherwise, mentally and financially. Just an idea at this stage but I really want to look at my options. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 day ago - 5 years 1 day ago #229307 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA and part time degree
Gaz

Yes, you can do a part-time course whilst receiving ESA but you need to ask yourself whether your doing so is consistent with the reasons that you have an award of ESA, as an example; if you qualified through the Substantial Risk Regulations then many of the things that you will have to do as part of your course will be an issue.

You also need to consider whether this is also the result of an improvement in your conditions, which you would need to notify the DWP of.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 5 years 1 day ago by Gordon.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.