× Members

section ( advice ) on home medical assessment ?

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #229366 by weymouth321
Stuck on Q 3 pip 2 was created by weymouth321
Ive written I never prepare food ready to cook and eat on any day of any week because of the constant symptoms of RA, and unable to stand , ss such only eat sandwiches and snacks.

My question is - Do I include it’s painful to lift and carry hot pans , hence risk off dropping and burning myself - but I never cook , so surely this senorio is irrelevant , therefore isn’t required on form ?

PMany Thanks, J

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #229395 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Stuck on Q 3 pip 2
josie

You really need to go into detail about this, so certainly explain about the pans but be aware, the DWP will not expect you to lift and carry hot pans, they will take the view that you can use a slotted spoon to transfer the food to a container that you can carry. In a similar vein, they will expect you to use a perching stool so you do not need to stand in the kitchen.

You need to explain why these aids will not help you or why you can't use them, assuming that this is the case.

Our PIP Claim guide explains what aids the DWP think are reasonable for each activity.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: weymouth321, alisp

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #229426 by weymouth321
Replied by weymouth321 on topic Stuck on Q 3 pip 2
Thank you Gordon, yes, I literally unable to stand long enough to cook a simple meal, as such I eat snacks and sandwiches, then carry it over to semi lie to eat on sofa. I have tried a perching stool but this does not work as I have to keep getting up to fetch items., so doesn’t relieve pain and fatigue ( just as well like sandwiches ) only sometimes use pan to make little porridge and custard , will this count ?

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #229442 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Stuck on Q 3 pip 2
Josie

The requirements for being unable to prepare and cook food, note the change from a simple meal, are extremely tough and I think you will struggle to meet them and it would be easy in trying to show that you do to not score for anything.

I think you need to go back to the Descriptors to show how you might meet a lower scoring one and if you still decide to go for the highest Descriptor then you need to specifically show why you cannot complete any of the lower scoring ones.

Remember, you need to complete each activity reliably on the majority of days.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: weymouth321

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #229597 by weymouth321
Replied by weymouth321 on topic section ( advice ) on home medical assessment ?
Is there s section purely on PIP2 home medical assessment , tips and what to be aware of ?
Many Thanks, J.

More
5 years 3 weeks ago #229612 by Gordon
Josie

Yes, it's in the PIP Claim guide.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: weymouth321

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris