× Members

Esa review

More
5 years 2 days ago #229370 by Sully32
Esa review was created by Sully32
Sorry cant find my other posts.
Can you help I had an appointment for a medical "maximus" ESA.
On Gordon's advice I re contacted my doctor to provide letter asking for a home assesment wich I was successful in doing.
My medical was supposed to have been on the 21st March I received a letter to say they had the doctors letter and agreed a home assesment was necessary and that they had cancelled the appointment and I would hear in due course regarding new appointment it's been 5 weeks but still have not heard anything ? Does anyone know how long it usually takes.
Sorry Gordon for starting a new topic thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 days ago #229402 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa review
Sullly

There are considerable delays in the ESA assessment process and in particular for home assessments, you can try contacting Maximus for an update.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sully32

More
4 years 8 months ago #235044 by Sully32
Replied by Sully32 on topic Esa review
Un update to my post.
I sent further medical evidence to maximus about a new diagnosis on the 17th july by fax
My daughter rang them last week to ask if they had received it?
She was told they hadn't recieved it !!!
They said they would look into it and check my file and ring her back.
Then today I had a letter to say a health profesional had looked at the medical evidence provided and has decided that a home assesment wont be necessary at this time ?
Although relieved does this mean I could be called for a medical anytime soon ?
Thanks in advance

More
4 years 8 months ago #235067 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Esa review
Sully

It means that they are doing a Paper Based Review, it's still possible that the DWP Decision Maker will reject the report but I can't remember the last time this happened.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #246930 by Sully32
Replied by Sully32 on topic Esa review
I finally had a letter 12 weeks later to say they had looked at my claim and I was to remain in the support group the decision took months but I was relieved. I've been waiting to hear about my pip as I was awarded it for 4 years in 2017 and new they usually do a review a year early !!! I had the dreaded brown envelope last week and I thought here we go again but it was good news it stated theyve looked at my claim and I've been awarded both at same rates until 2030 "10 years" I couldn't believe it but I'm so relieved no more ftf assessments for a long time.
I've renewed my membership today as I believe never say never !!
So I would like to thank this site and the moderator especially Gordon as he seems to have answered all my questions and I truly believe without your information and support i would have given up.So thank you, hope you are all well xxx

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #246931 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Esa review
Hi Sully32

That really is terrific news, congratulations and well done on both your awards, it must be a great relief to you especially at this moment in time with everything else going on around you.

Gary

Tags: @RESULT @PIP @ESA

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.