× Members

PIP AWARDED AFTER REQUESTING AN APPEAL

More
5 years 1 day ago #229379 by 28harrison95
PIP AWARDED AFTER REQUESTING AN APPEAL was created by 28harrison95
I've been using your site for years as I'm in receipt of both ESA ( support group) and PIP (daily living enhanced rate ). I couldn't do it without this sites invaluable help. In October 2019 I was sent my questionnaire form for PIP, which I'd been in receipt of for the last 6 yrs, which I duly sent in after a lot of stress. Eventually I received my reply informing me I was eligible for a home medical assessment. Although I found it extremely stressful it was less so than having to go to a centre for it. I was surprised I wasn't asked to do anything physical though I was asked questions about my condition and how it affected me. I was surprised, unpleasantly so, when the letter came saying I was not eligible any longer for a PIP payment even though my condition is an ongoing worsening one for which there's no cure. I asked them to review it again but wasn't successful so decided to go to appeal which I absolutely dreaded. A few days ago I had a phone call from them to say the panel had reviewed it and the appeal wouldn't be necessary as they were going to award me my points as before along with the back pay from October. I couldn't have done it without you or had the courage to follow it through. Thank you so much.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ivyfox

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 day ago #229408 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP AWARDED AFTER REQUESTING AN APPEAL
woodpecker

Really pleased for you, especially as you did not have to wait for a hearing, well done.

Gordon

Tags: @RESULT @PIP @APPEAL

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 day ago #229431 by alex
Replied by alex on topic PIP AWARDED AFTER REQUESTING AN APPEAL
its a horrible experience to go through. :-( glad you were successful in your award.

im a disabled male, 46 yrs old i have been diagnosed with
PTSD.severe anxiety and depressive dissorder with panic attacks
sciatic pain both legs,,carpal tunnel both hands. haemophelia, ETD.HPB.IBS and im here for help with benefits decisions/medicals etc..

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.