× Members

PIP REASSESMENT MEDICAL

More
5 years 1 day ago #229430 by alex
PIP REASSESMENT MEDICAL was created by alex
hi guys.. PLEASE BARE WITH ME IF YOU CAN... i had been on dla for approx 8 years then onto pip awarded for 2 years then another 3 years until december this year 2019. standard rate mobility and enhanced rate daily care allowance.. on january i received the dreaded brown envelope asking me if my circumstances were still the same and telling me i was to fill in form which i did and added all the further new medical conditions i have since my last assessment.

MEDICAL CONDITIONS
i have sciatica in my back and right leg giving me spasms in back and leg like electic shocks. and i walk with aid of walking sticks. ( when im actually able to get out of bed)
i have carpal tunnel syndrome in both hands.
high blood pressure
tinitus in both ears.
eustation tube disfunction
and 24hr 7 days a week constant pounding headaches
i also have irritable bowel syndrome.
i am also registered with severe anxiety and depressive dissorder and panic attacks
and also post traumatic stress disorder.
and also von williebrand dissease ( a form of haemophelia)

i have been at 4 different hospitals over the past 2 years constant appointments and numerous tests. and this is all ongoing. and im at the doctors every week or two.
totally draining !!! numerous tests after tests again and again.

MEDICATION

im taking about 30 pills a day every day .
including, 8 tramadol 50mg per day.
4 x 5mg diazepam per day
2 naproxen 500mg per day.
1 10mg lisinopril per day
8 paracetamol per day
3 mebeverine per day
nasal sprays to try unblock the problems with eustation tube disfunction.

i wrote back to the dwp and informed them of al this. now to be told i have to go to another medical through atos... ( now called independent medical assesment) for profit organisation..

this is causing me severe stress and anxiety and have been on verge of actually commiting suicide with all the stress etc.. at the thought of facing another assesment from some random receptionist who isnt actually a medical professional... the last time i actually knew the person who interviewed me and my carer and she told me she had no medical training whatsoever and told lies about my mobility stating that i can walk more than 50 metres and less than 200 metres...... in the award it stated that i walked ( with help from my friend/carer) bent over double with him holding me almost upright. stopping in agony every couple of steps whilst holding onto a railing.. which all cameras would have showed the state of pain i was in when trying to walk.. i maybe walked 20ft each way and was on my knees in the elevator before managing 10 steps to the assesment room.
and back the same distance...... 50 metres is the length of 5 buses nose to tail in length... there full building is not even that size in total !!!! shocking lies from the assesor. ...
i was just happy to have gotten a letter with any award at all after being refused and having to ask for a mandatory reconsideration.... thats whay i didnt send in complaint and ask for imy medical and paperwork to be checked again incase they took it all back from me..( as it states on there forms that it can be taken away again...

now i have to go through it all again.

i very rarely leave the house as it is due to my mental health issues or with the agonizing pains in my hands, back and legs.

i have called both atos and dpw to tell them the distress this is causing me to be told they will send me a taxi to get to and from assesment... with some random person i dont know. i have not used public transport at all in over 10 years due to severe anxiety and panic attacks and with regards to my pain also..

my carer /best friend who does everything for me and takes me anywhere i have to go and dos my shopping and everything for me.. is also going through problems at the moment as his mother is dying of cancer and he has a lot on his shoulders also so its hard for him to come to medical with me. at the moment as his mother can pass at any time.

im at my witts end.. my medical was meant ot be on monday 29th april 2019.. monady coming. and ive managed to get it put off until 9th may 2019 today.

i have repeatdly asked for a home assesment and my doctor has told them to give me a home assesment if possible.. and they have refused again and again. saying there is a "CAUTION" on my file saying a can be violent... PMSL.. i can harldy stand upright and am in constant agony so how the hell i could manage to be violent with anyone is beyond me !!

as i said im really dreading this and constantly thinking and worrying about it and would like some help if possible..

i have been a member of the site now for a couple of years since 2016 and get regular updates.. but dont really know how to get through the site for help etc etc properly..

i also had a CPN worker who didnt help me at all and actually made my mental health condition worse by sending the Child protection service to my partners house saying with my mental health there may be danger to my daughter... and sent the police to my home saying she thought i was in danger to myself and others... the health visitor called her and got her told that she was out of order and had no right doing that as my daughter is in a loving caring home and does not live with me and that there was absolutely no foundation for her accusations... a total jobsworth !! and obviously i love my daughter with all my heart and would never hurt her at all..and i never been like that with any of my family. ... so. therefore i ditched the cpn and have been stuck on my own since back then in 2017 dealing with my own mental health issues etc as i feel i cant trust the mental health team either.

sorry for blabbering on .. i dont mean to go on and on etc... just need some help and i know i cant got to CAB as they now "work" for the DWP after the £50 million "donation" from dwp to help with the changeover to UC.

please , any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!

im a disabled male, 46 yrs old i have been diagnosed with
PTSD.severe anxiety and depressive dissorder with panic attacks
sciatic pain both legs,,carpal tunnel both hands. haemophelia, ETD.HPB.IBS and im here for help with benefits decisions/medicals etc..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 22 hours ago #229446 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP REASSESMENT MEDICAL
Alex

How much support is your GP willing to give you? Would they be willing to write to the Assessment Provider asking for a Paper Assessment to be done, more importantly, would they be willing to provide any additional information that the assessor might require to allow this to happen.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 hours ago #229501 by alex
Replied by alex on topic PIP REASSESMENT MEDICAL
hi there gordon, my 2 previous doctors have both now retired and both of them gave me all the support needed. IE: letters to dwp etc etc...
ive had letters from them asking for a home assessment and it was point blank refused
this time they are saying i have a "caution" on my files.. saying i am violent... lol..
im 46 yrs old, never been in trouble for over 20 odd years and had 1 assault charge when i was 23 for defending myself againts a gang of attackers!

the surgery im with now i never see the same doctor twice in a row and they are i feel very incompetent at times. every time i go in i have to explain every thing all from the start again and again. yes, its wearing me down. and i feel i have nowhere to turn anymore with it all.

i dont know what to say to my doctors for what to get them to do about it. and i dont know what kind of support they can now give me with dealing with the dwp..( letters to them etc)
as the doctors are like its a big hassle for them to do anything but prescribe you pills etc.
and its the medication that the same doctor prescribed me that gave me the tinitus and eustatiion tube dysfunction ( z drugs.. namely zolpidem and zopiclone.) i had to do online research myself and showed him about the thousands of people being affected by the side effects from these and i told him i didnt want them anymore but he kept trying to prescribe me them. SORRY FOR RABBITTING ON..

a previous temp doctor told me years ago that there was nothing the matter with me that stopped me from working although my mental health issues and physical pain were present and he refused to give me any sick lines at all.. so im just sick of it all and feel there is no way through this

THANKS FOR THE HELP GORDON...... :-)

sciatic pain both legs,,carpal tunnel both hands. haemophelia, ETD.HPB.IBS and im here for help with benefits decisions/medicals etc..

More
5 years 3 hours ago #229510 by Gordon
Alex

You have nothing to lose by speaking to your GP(s) to see if they will help.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 3 hours ago #229515 by alex
Replied by alex on topic PIP REASSESMENT MEDICAL
thanks gordon..... any idea what i should say to the doctor??

More
5 years 3 hours ago #229519 by Gordon

alex wrote: thanks gordon..... any idea what i should say to the doctor??

Explain the situation and ask whether they are willing to do the things I mentioned in a previous post.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.