× Members

PIP REASSESMENT MEDICAL

More
4 years 11 months ago #229526 by TheMerlin486
Replied by TheMerlin486 on topic PIP REASSESMENT MEDICAL
I share your pain alex in respect of the "pooled" GP system many practices seem to adopt of late and this can impact when you need a synopsis of your overall condition and ailments when attending an Assessment. To my own detriment I suffered severely being marked down because the "stand-in" GP when my own GP was away on birthing leave, I ended up with significant misinformation being excluded from Maximus/DWP request for information. I would find an alternative GP asap.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #229540 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP REASSESMENT MEDICAL
Merlin

There may be no value in moving to a new GP, they won't know anything about Alex and may not be willing to provide any support until they have gone through their normal triage process, leaving them unable to assist during the assessment process.

Gordon

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #230125 by alex
Replied by alex on topic PIP REASSESMENT MEDICAL
have spoken to the gp i seen today, he hasnt a clue what to write or whom to write to either.
hes asked me...wwhat do you want me to write for you and what for ? im like... can you not read my bloody files !!! all the same all over again..... my carers mother died of cancer 2 days ago . so hes unable to help me at the moment as he has his own troubles. so ive asked my brother to come with me. he hasnt got a clue what to say or how to help me. he comes in and makes memeals and goes for shoppig and helps wash me and dress me if im getting up and about if im not in too much pain on a given day. and is in every day to make sure im taking my medication and deal with letters and bills etc . my girlfriend also helps a lot . but cant live with me full time as she she works and looks after our daughter so shes busy, but comes in every night to see me and help in any way she can. i cant even lift up my child for a hug. !! some days i just want to say F it and just get my life over with and leave them to have a full life as im holdng them back. ... metal health is in the head.. people say, you dont look unwell..... OH.. ILL PUT A BANDAGE ROUND MY FOREHEAD AND SAY IM UNWELL ON IT. WILL THAT HELP ?? the fact i have walking sticks not enough ? some people are so ignorant to mental health issues.. its not just the pain im having constantly,,

have my "medical2 on thursday coming. DREADING IT. im sure they will take my award from me and put me back to nothing all over again from the start.

doctors are no help whatsoever.

im a disabled male, 46 yrs old i have been diagnosed with
PTSD.severe anxiety and depressive dissorder with panic attacks
sciatic pain both legs,,carpal tunnel both hands. haemophelia, ETD.HPB.IBS and im here for help with benefits decisions/medicals etc..

More
4 years 10 months ago #230168 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP REASSESMENT MEDICAL
Alex

There's a GP Notes document in the PIP area that you can give to your GP to complete or alternatively they can use it to give structure to their own letter.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.