× Members

WCA Abandoned after 2 hours - what to expect next?

More
5 years 1 day ago #229471 by Brog
Hi All,

This is my first post.

I recently had my WCA abandoned after just over two hours because the HCP would not continue because in severe pain, fatigue and discomfort I had raised a red flag by regrettably stating that I was “being tortured” by the assessment. I was told that I would be recalled and would have to start the assessment from the beginning as all information would be deleted.

I am 49 and despite my disabilities have always been in decent work but now with ageing I am finding it impossible to meet the demands of work. My employer is currently looking at Ill health retirement as I have been away from work for almost a year and have been diagnosed with CRPS, thoracic outlet syndrome and have a severe burn and loss of function in my (dominant) right hand.

I also sustained a head injury in childhood has resulted in full loss of hearing in my left ear and a severe visual impairment in my right eye. Other injuries include spinal compression and lumbar disc prolapse.

Would anyone be able to advise best next steps.

Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 day ago #229490 by Gordon
Brog

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

Unfortunately, if no report was produced from the first assessment then a new one will need to be held but I would consider making a complaint to Maximus about the first one; two hours is an excessive length of time for an assessment, the average is probably about an hour and obviously their failure to complete it and produce a report.

Complaining to the ESA Assessment Provider

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 22 hours ago #229534 by Brog
Hi Gordon

Thank you very much for your response.

Forgive me as I do not wish to appear negative as I'm more of a realistic disposition and I truly see little point in taking up a complaint and at best receiving a standardised reply and ultimately the inhuman treatment of sick and disabled people continuing unabated.

Do you (or anyone else) have any success stories regarding a change of practice from a complaint?

Apologies, as I see complaints woefully harmful system of limited value.

Best wishes.

More
5 years 21 hours ago #229543 by Gordon
Brog

Making a complaint gives you leverage, it may not be of any value but I have seen it used to get a taxi to and from the assessment or even a home assessment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.