× Members

Pip

More
4 years 11 months ago #229484 by Julie butler
Pip was created by Julie butler
Hello I get pip standard for both just wondering what happens because my condition has got worse and also different conditions i got pip for 10 years do I have to phone them or gill out a form and what are the chances of it being done paper based many thanks .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #229503 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Pip
Julie

The first thing you need to consider is whether the deterioration and new conditions will actually result in a higher award, a change does not always mean you will score more and even if it does, you may not score enough for an Enhanced award.

If you are reasonably certain that you would receive an Enhanced award then consider notifying the DWP of a Change of Circumstances but be aware that doing so will result in a new PIP2 being issued and there is a strong likelihood of a face to face assessment unless you can provide detailed medical evidence of how you are now limited. The resulting Decision will supersede your existing award, whatever it might be.

If you do decide to notify the DWP then do so in writing and if you can afford to, send it using a Tracked post so you have proof of delivery as the letter will set the date that any new award should apply from.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.