Login FormClose

Free, fortnightly PIP, ESA and UC Updates

Our fortnightly bulletin, with over 80,000 subscribers, is the UK's leading source of benefits news. Find out what's changing, how it affects you and how to prepare. Our mailing list is securely managed by icontact in the US.

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1


Pip 3 months 3 weeks ago #229484

Hello I get pip standard for both just wondering what happens because my condition has got worse and also different conditions i got pip for 10 years do I have to phone them or gill out a form and what are the chances of it being done paper based many thanks .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Pip 3 months 3 weeks ago #229503


The first thing you need to consider is whether the deterioration and new conditions will actually result in a higher award, a change does not always mean you will score more and even if it does, you may not score enough for an Enhanced award.

If you are reasonably certain that you would receive an Enhanced award then consider notifying the DWP of a Change of Circumstances but be aware that doing so will result in a new PIP2 being issued and there is a strong likelihood of a face to face assessment unless you can provide detailed medical evidence of how you are now limited. The resulting Decision will supersede your existing award, whatever it might be.

If you do decide to notify the DWP then do so in writing and if you can afford to, send it using a Tracked post so you have proof of delivery as the letter will set the date that any new award should apply from.


Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
  • Page:
  • 1
Moderators: GordonGaryBISTraceyJayneL