× Members

Won tribunal .....but .....

More
4 years 11 months ago #229493 by Valerie
Won tribunal .....but ..... was created by Valerie
After waiting since last May, 2018 ....my son finally got his tribunal 4 weeks ago ...and yet again we won, and they awarded him the daily living as well as the mobility , one of which the DWP took away before ...
Two weeks ago he phoned to ask when to expect payment and the person who asnswered told him exactly how much back money and that it would be in his bank account before his next due payment ... well it still didn’t come through this week, so he phoned again and was rudely told by a female that “it takes 6-8 weeks to process “ and asked what other benefits he got ,,,,he couldn’t remember so said my wife knows better than me and was told “we want to hear it from you not your wife” ...he then said the other person had said it was processed and would be getting it , to which she replied “well, he was wrong wasn’t he, you will have to wait” ...he was quite upset with being spoken to in that way ...but still waiting and nothing has come through ...
Any thoughts please, as it has never taken this long before ....
Val

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #229509 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Won tribunal .....but .....
Valerie

I do advise members that it takes the DWP 5-8 weeks to process a Tribunal result.

Strictly speaking, his wife cannot speak to the DWP unless they are his appointee but this is usually not a problem, it sounds as if they got a jobsworth on the second call.

My guess is that the appeal is being processed by the DWP which is why the first person could give details of the back payment, I suspect the second person did not even check.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Valerie

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.