× Members

change of circumstance and missed out points

More
4 years 11 months ago #229533 by colin123456
I have received the same award as on pip back in August but only for 18 months before a review, however have just realised that they missed a section regarding needing my Wife to look after me for the at least 14 hours via medication etc and help if I fall, this seams to be missed, but I am out of the Appeal time. I have asked for a change of circumstances regarding my Heart and Knee ops as I cannot have a knee op until my heart is sorted out and the wait is around a yea.r so I have been taken off the waiting list for the knee opS. Gorden I have asked before, about this award being 18 months only,as I had an indefinite award before but its going to be years and i am 61 suffering osteoarthritis.Please could you guide me.thankyou

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #229546 by Gordon
Colin

If you have reported a Change of Circumstances then the short current award is moot as you are going to be reassessed based on your current limitations and the new Decision will supersede your current award, whatever it might be.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: colin123456

More
4 years 11 months ago #229557 by colin123456
Replied by colin123456 on topic change of circumstance and missed out points
Gorden If i decided not to carry on with my needed knee ops, could the PIP award be stopped

More
4 years 11 months ago #229584 by Gordon
Colin

o, we have never seen the DWP reduce or remove an award because the claimant decided not to go ahead with an operation.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: colin123456

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.