Login FormClose

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password:
Remember me
  • Page:
  • 1

TOPIC: Should I contact pip

Should I contact pip 1 year 1 month ago #229551

I get standard for both personal and mobility on pip my mobilty has got worse also been diagnosed with sleep apnia should I tell pip and is it now universal credit that deals with it I'm 65 years old

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Should I contact pip 1 year 1 month ago #229552


PIP and Universal Credit are separate benefits, the former is awarded to help with the additional costs that a disabled person can have, UC in the context of disability is an income replacement benefit for those unable to work due to their disability.

Before you report a change, can you reasonably score the extra points that you need for a higher award? If you can't then the DWP are unlikely to be bothered by your failure to report a deterioration in your conditions.

If you do report a change, then do so in writing to the DWP office dealing with your claim, if you can afford to do so, send it by a Tracked post so you have proof of delivery.

You will need to have had the new limitations for at least three months before a revised award can be made.

Reporting a change will result in a new PIP2 form being sent and almost certainly a face to face assessment, the resulting Decision will supersede your existing award, whatever it might be

The following user(s) said Thank You: Susan Aljaradi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
  • Page:
  • 1
Moderators: GordonGaryBIS

Free, fortnightly PIP, ESA and UC Updates

Our fortnightly bulletin, with over 80,000 subscribers, is the UK's leading source of benefits news. Find out what's changing, how it affects you and how to prepare. Our mailing list is securely managed by icontact in the US.

Form Heading