× Members

Should I contact pip

More
4 years 11 months ago #229551 by Susan Aljaradi
Should I contact pip was created by Susan Aljaradi
I get standard for both personal and mobility on pip my mobilty has got worse also been diagnosed with sleep apnia should I tell pip and is it now universal credit that deals with it I'm 65 years old

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #229552 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Should I contact pip
S

PIP and Universal Credit are separate benefits, the former is awarded to help with the additional costs that a disabled person can have, UC in the context of disability is an income replacement benefit for those unable to work due to their disability.

Before you report a change, can you reasonably score the extra points that you need for a higher award? If you can't then the DWP are unlikely to be bothered by your failure to report a deterioration in your conditions.

If you do report a change, then do so in writing to the DWP office dealing with your claim, if you can afford to do so, send it by a Tracked post so you have proof of delivery.

You will need to have had the new limitations for at least three months before a revised award can be made.

Reporting a change will result in a new PIP2 form being sent and almost certainly a face to face assessment, the resulting Decision will supersede your existing award, whatever it might be

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Susan Aljaradi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.