× Members

Successful DLA to PIP Application

More
4 years 11 months ago #229628 by Belle2018
Successful DLA to PIP Application was created by Belle2018
Firstly, I will like to thank Gordon and everyone involved with this wonderful website. I can 100% categorically say that without this site and your extensive and accurate Guide, my PIP application would not have been successful because I would have completely missed many of the comments that got me points.

I was very apprehensive when I got the form to go from a lifetime award of DLA to PIP. I was terrified with the horror stories and also the size and complexities of the form.

In over 25 years of being awarded lifetime higher rate mobility and middle rate personal care, my physical disability had drastically worsened. I had also developed mental difficulties. I carefully followed the Guide to compete the form, enclosing countless medical evidence.

I was disappointed when I got a letter indicating I would get a home assessment because I was hoping they would make a decision based on the weight of the numerous medical evidence. Gordon from this site reassured me that being offered home visit, which I hadn't even requested, was a positive.

For my home assessment, I made sure I had a family member with me. I also prepared for the assessment using the questions in the Guide and even had two rehearsal interviews with family members. If you do this, please ensure your answers don't sound too rehearsed. All the questions I was asked in the actual assessment were questions I had prepared from the Guide.

This site also prepared me for the "trick" of assessors turning up early to "catch you out". Mine tried to turn up an hour early, I didn't answer my phone when I suspected it was the assessor, and when the door bell over half an hour early, the assessor was informed I was being helped in the bathroom. My family member opened the door when we were ready for the assessment to commence, without being even more stressed by an earlier time than booked.

I also followed the advice on this site to request the assessor's report immediately it became available. I got these less than a week after my assessment and they were fair and accurate.

I am thrilled to report that I have gone from higher rate mobility and middle rate personal care on DLA to enhanced awards for both mobility and personal care on PIP. I have also been awarded the maximum 10 years with a note that changes in my disabilities are unlikely.

I will like to once again thank Gordon and every single person who is involved with this wonderful website.

If you are reading this and daunted by the your PIP application, I would like to reassure you that better outcome than DLA can happen and did in my case. I will also like to reassure you that there are honest assessors, even though the bad apples give them a bad name. I will also like to say that the investment of the Guide is definitely one worth making. The Citizens Advice Bureau website guide on PIP is also helpful.

Best of luck everyone and best wishes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gordon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #229647 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Successful DLA to PIP Application
Belle

That's terrific news, well done.

Gordon

Tags: @RESULT @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Belle2018

More
4 years 11 months ago #229689 by jimmy
Replied by jimmy on topic Successful DLA to PIP Application
hi it was nice to see such a positive outcome for you, I am just starting my journey from dla to pip but from what I have heard about assessors and underhanded tactics I am very negative about my chances of getting enhanced award in both daily and mobility parts.
this is due to my age as well as I have heard being my age at 64 they try get you off dla/pip as after 65 you don't get pip ( just read this tonight ) and they end up giving you what they know you will appeal so as to waste time till you hit 65 and then its attendance allowance, can I be cheeky and ask your age as I see you got a 10 year award. if I lose my higher rate dla mobility on the new pip mobility section it will actually make me housebound as I cant carry my oxygen concentrator on my lap in the wheelchair as no electric on my lap and the oxygen cylinders I use are only 3 hours maximum so could not go on any holiday or overnight / weekend trip with my concentrator, its a nightmare as its already getting to me all the what if this and what if that, anyway enough of that and once again I am very pleased to hear that you were so successful in your award.
jimmy

More
4 years 11 months ago #229746 by Belle2018
Replied by Belle2018 on topic Successful DLA to PIP Application
Hi Jimmy, thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry you're going through such a worrying time. Keeping everything crossed for you for some good news that allows you to maintain some independence. It is extremely sad that people such as yourself that genuinely need these support have to jump hoops and have unnecessary stress. I am 43, permanently disabled with worsening prognosis and was given lifetime DLA as a teenager in recognition. PIP came as a shock, thankful for positive news and wishing you the same. Any questions, feel free to get in touch. Take good care of yourself.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jimmy

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.