× Members

PIP OPD clarify mobility OCD

More
5 years 1 month ago #229693 by mosala
PIP OPD clarify mobility OCD was created by mosala
Can you confirm I am understanding this pse? I need someone with me when I go on a journey because I get overwhelming psychological distress due to OCD triggers on route and need someone to look out for and alert me to them so as I can avoid as far as pos and calm me. I do go out, but suffer big time on my own. Can I go for descriptor 1f?
The only descriptor where it actually mentions OPD is when you never go out. So bit confusing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 1 month ago #229722 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP OPD clarify mobility OCD
mosala

Yes, you can meet (f) due to Overwhelming Psychological Distress but you need to turn your argument around, so the OPD must prevent you from following the route, the OPD in its own right will not score, so it's

- unable to follow a route due to the OPD that is caused by my OCD being triggered when out.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
5 years 1 month ago #229735 by Ellen
Replied by Ellen on topic PIP OPD clarify mobility OCD
Make sure you clarify you get opd and how it manifests /what happens ( most assessors probably don't even understand it) and that its familiar journeys not just unfamiliar.

More
5 years 1 month ago #229753 by mosala
Replied by mosala on topic PIP OPD clarify mobility OCD
Oh dear I am still not sure I get it. I think all this worry and thinking is sending me towards a breakdown. I will think about it, but might come back tomorrow!

What hours do you man this forum please?

More
5 years 1 month ago #229768 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP OPD clarify mobility OCD

mosala wrote: What hours do you man this forum please?

I'm online Monday to Friday; 2pm-3.30pm and 8.00pm-9.30pm

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris