× Members

Consultant letter following appointment

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #229745 by Goodlife
Consultant letter following appointment was created by Goodlife
Hello there, Following a recent hospital stay I was referred on for a neurosurgeon's opinion. At the appointment I was in my wheelchair. Although he took details of my previous medical history (my normal medical history file was not there) he undertook cursory physical testing of certain muscles. He did not ask me to stand from the wheelchair, see me walk etc. However I have now received a copy of a letter sent to my GP in which states I am able to walk 10-25 yards unaided. He asked me a question about distance I can walk and I replied 10-15 yards. He never asked about me if my walking was aided or not. He also goes on about the weakness of both lower and upper limbs but then scores me as almost normal strength of these limbs. He also states that I sorted through a collection of medical notes (two pieces of paper) and could undo and do up a zip. My coat was removed by my husband in the waiting room as it was so warm and although it has a zip it has large buttons and on a flap and I never use the zip to fasten that or any other coat.

My question is how can I get the inaccuracies in this letter corrected, bearing in mind that this will be on my GP file and also the hospital records for the DWP to see in the future and could be more recent than other medical evidence that contradicts this. Sorry for the ramble.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 weeks ago #229762 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Consultant letter following appointment
babydoll

Are they stating an opinion or a fact, I realise that some are the latter but what about the walking.

If it's an opinion then realistically you are not going to get it corrected.

If it's fact then give his secretary a call with your concerns.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.