× Members

UC claim -health conditions UC50 form

• Catherine Constantinou
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #229858 by Catherine Constantinou
UC claim -health conditions UC50 form was created by Catherine Constantinou
Can you inform me of the procedure of claiming UC with old and a new health condition? Old health conditions are listed in current Claimant Commitment (I'm on income based JSA) but a new condition that I was hoping would improve wasn't added when it began. Should I add this to my Claimant Commitment before I apply for UC?

Is the UC claim form and UC50 form completed and sent together?

Will a 'FIT NOTE' be required with the UC50 form?

Will I be required to provide medical evidence with the UC50 form?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #229875 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic UC claim -health conditions UC50 form
C

It does not matter whether your conditions are listed in your JSA Claimant Commitment or not, UC will look at everything from scratch.

You make a claim for UC and once this is accepted you declare yourself unfit for work and ask to be assessed, you will then be sent a UC50.

You will need a Fit Note when you declare yourself as Unfit for Work.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Catherine Constantinou

• Catherine Constantinou
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #229944 by Catherine Constantinou
Replied by Catherine Constantinou on topic UC claim -health conditions UC50 form
Thank you Gordon.

I am not clear on the process:
'make a claim for UC and once this is accepted you declare yourself unfit for work and ask to be assessed'

When I make the UC claim, how is this accepted?
How do I declare myself unfit, (how does the Fit Note come into play) and ask to be assessed?
I am particularly worried if at the time I need a Fit Note the GP familiar with my case will be away?

More
4 years 11 months ago #229969 by Gordon
C

See

www.gov.uk/universal-credit/how-to-claim

You may be able to indicate you have a health problem during the claim process but if not then you can do so through your UC Journal, which is the online system you and the JC+ use to manage your claim.

Sorry, I can't help with the Fit Note.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

• Catherine Constantinou
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #231020 by Catherine Constantinou
Replied by Catherine Constantinou on topic UC claim -health conditions UC50 form
Thank you Gordon.

When I claim UC, how is this accepted?
How do I declare myself unfit for work and ask to be assessed?

In regard Activity 9: Evacuation of the bowel and/or bladder (LCW)
That is: Absence or loss of control whilst conscious leading to extensive evacuation of the bowel and/or bladder, other than enuresis (bed-wetting), despite the wearing or use of any aids or adaptations which are normally or could reasonably be worn or used.
Activity 9 considers the ability to maintain continence of bladder or bowel, or prevent leakage from a collecting device. The descriptors take into account loss of continence while a claimant is awake/conscious and the loss of continence must lead to 'extensive' leakage of urine or faeces which is likely to require the person to have to wash and change clothing.

If I qualify for this condition, will I be put into the 'no work related' activity group?

More
4 years 11 months ago #231032 by Gordon
C

When you make a claim for UC it will either be;

- accepted by the online system or a call operator if made over the phone
- pending further information, you will be told what the additional information is
- rejected by the online system or a call operator

Re the Incontinence requirement, if you meet the criteria monthly then you will be placed in the LCW group, if it is weekly then it will be the LCWRA group.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.