× Members

ESA Mandatory Reconsideration

More
4 years 11 months ago #230299 by LucyPosy68
ESA Mandatory Reconsideration was created by LucyPosy68
Hi everyone,

Well, have been in shock since last Thursday.. I found out my esa reassessment decision. After being in the Support Group for 10+ years, I've been moved into the WRAG. I scored zero points (assessor scored this & DM agreed) but they used regulation 29 to put me in WRAG. (I know many people say this, but she was so nice
I have severe agoraphobia, anxiety, depression etc & am housebound (problems for 20+ years).. I had to get a private doctor's letter to get a home assessment.
My health has deteriorated since the decision & my doctor visited me at home.
I am challenging this decision with a Mandatory Reconsideration.
I received an appointment at a jobcentre plus office very quickly, so have to sort out a telephone appointment.
I am positive that the dwp are trying to move people from the Support Group, into the lower paying WRAG. My point scoring seemed deliberate, as I scored nothing for any descriptor. Sent lots of evidence, old reports clearing stating my issues.

I'm currently waiting for the assessor's report. I'm going through the esa guides & concentrating on the descriptors that apply to me, but especially the Support Group descriptors.
I will also challenge that I'm eligible for regulation 35 (though I know the wording & interpretation of this has been changed)... So, I'm going for the points needed & regulation 35.. There is no other choice.

This has never happened to me before, so I now see the stress that others have had, or are having at the moment. I have felt suicidal. It is done to grind people down, so that they give up.
I will write the best Mandatory Reconsideration I can, but I am very worried.

Sending my best wishes to everyone who is going through a similar situation x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #230303 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Mandatory Reconsideration
LucyPosy

The wording of Regulation 35 has not been changed :)

Do you know how you qualified for the SG last time?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: LucyPosy68

More
4 years 11 months ago #230310 by LucyPosy68
Replied by LucyPosy68 on topic ESA Mandatory Reconsideration
Thanks for your reply Gordon :)
No, I never received any decision letter for my last award (was over 5 years ago since I last filled in a form)... When I rang to request the assessor's report, I did ask whether information was available as to how I qualified for the Support Group last time. Was told this info was not available to them on the system (that it would be filed elsewhere)... I then said that requesting a SAR was the answer then - but because of time constraints I didn't.
I realise that knowing how I qualified before would help, as theoretically I may not have scored points (or enough points) then either... but put through using Regulation 35.
I don't have the time to wait for a SAR (these can take weeks or months, or am I wrong?)
My MR has to be sent in before the end of this month.

Regarding regulation 35, I think then they have made changes, so that (in their opinion) people will not be at substantial risk anymore (they have work related activities listed in guidelines, like keeping a diary etc.. to far more demanding activities)... So, less people will qualify under this regulation, from what I can see.
I'm dreading seeing the assessor's report, & reading her reasoning for each zero points awarded descriptor (this will be the first assessor's report I've seen)....
Thanks Gordon :)

More
4 years 11 months ago #230328 by Gordon
LucyPosy

The DWP guidance for Substantial Risk has been updated, Tribunal panels do not always agree with the changes.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #230478 by LucyPosy68
Replied by LucyPosy68 on topic ESA Mandatory Reconsideration
Hi Gordon,
As mentioned, I'm writing my Mandatory Reconsideration & will be including extra info (am typing it out on pc & will print pages out)... Would it be wrong to state somewhere that if the MR were to be unsuccessful, then I would have no other option but to continue on with a tribunal? I'm worried that just by adding that, it would harm my decision in some way.
I know that may sound silly, but from what I've heard about the percentages that lose at the MR stage (about 80% - due to dwp targets), then maybe I should just go ahead & include it.

Also, I'm going to resend copies of my reports, that were sent with my original esa form. I'm doing this because of something I read in a Rightsnet post. The poster was talking about the dwp MR CRMR1 form & that copies of medical reports previously sent, may have already been destroyed, so not available to the new decision maker looking at your Manual Reconsideration. This sounds logical to me, so will do it. I'm not taking any chances.
Many thanks :)

More
4 years 11 months ago #230504 by Gordon
Lucy

It's up to you whether you mention that you will go onto appeal, I don't think that it will do any harm but it is not going to help either.

The DWP will not destroy documents involved in a Decision until at the earliest the claimant has exhausted their right of appeal, in practical terms, this means at least 13 months.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.