× Members

Transfer to PIP

More
4 years 11 months ago #230395 by LilacGem
Transfer to PIP was created by LilacGem
So I had the letter this morning saying that DLA is ending & inviting me to claim PIP. Couple of questions...

1)It says i need to phone them by 2nd June to start the process... but 2nd is a sunday so presumably they mean by Fri 31st? And presumably with the diifculties one often has getting through, it would be wise to ring on 30th in case we cant get through?

2) How long after the phone call does it usually take for the form to arrive? I need someone to help me with the form & everyone is busy so i'm hoping to give them a rough idea of whether it will arrive 2 days later or???? I know there's no hard 7 fast rules with these things but a rough idea would help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #230409 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Transfer to PIP
Camly

1. I would give yourself a little more time, maybe an extra day or to.

2. It could be quicker but the average is 7-10 days, you can request a two-week extension if you need it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: LilacGem

More
4 years 11 months ago #230425 by LilacGem
Replied by LilacGem on topic Transfer to PIP
Thank you Gordon

1) just to clarify - you mean to give myself a bit more time before the deadline? my regular carer is on holiday until the 29th (deadline on 31st) so that would be earliest can ring. Gives us 3 days so hopefully that will be enough?
I do think it's unhelpful for them to say the deadline is the 2nd when the 2nd is a Sunday! It just confuses the issue.

2)Presumably the extension you're referring to is in how long one can take to fill in & return the form? Or did you mean asking for a delay before the form arrives?
Either way I am wondering on what grounds an extension would be granted?

More
4 years 11 months ago #230441 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Transfer to PIP
Camly

Yes and Yes :)

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #230459 by LilacGem
Replied by LilacGem on topic Transfer to PIP
Thank you.

Do we know on what grounds they would likely grant an extension?

More
4 years 11 months ago #230483 by Poollie1
Replied by Poollie1 on topic Transfer to PIP
My letter to change over came middle March. I had to phone them before the 30th. I did that and received the form 10 days later. Filled it in, sent it back recorded by 26th April. Received a letter to attend an assessment 14th May...hope that helps.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.