× Members

Transfer to PIP

More
4 years 11 months ago #230510 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Transfer to PIP

Camly91 wrote: Thank you.

Do we know on what grounds they would likely grant an extension?

Just needing the extra time should be sufficient.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: LilacGem

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #232350 by LilacGem
Replied by LilacGem on topic Transfer to PIP
I'm wondering how likely they are to do a paper based assessment? ie without a face to face? I know when PIP was 1st introduced nobody got away without one, but with it being technically possible am wondering how common it is these days? In the forum's experience.

More
4 years 10 months ago #232365 by Gordon
Camly

Only about 5% of assessments are done as a PBA, you would need the support of your GP as it is extremely rare for the testimony and evidence submitted by the claimant to be sufficient.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #232392 by LilacGem
Replied by LilacGem on topic Transfer to PIP
Ah ok thanks. So the decision to do a PBA is based almost entirely on the medical evidence then? I do have pretty good letters from both GP & CPN but i suppose their idea of 'good' might be different from mine.

More
4 years 10 months ago #232399 by Gordon
Camly

There are two factors that are considered.

Is there sufficient compelling information to make a recommendation to the DWP without seeing the claimant and secondly, is there a significant risk of harm to the claimant or others if they were required to attend a face to face.

Gordon

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.