× Members

Upper Tier/Second Tribual Application

More
4 years 10 months ago #230448 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Upper Tier/Second Tribual Application
Tim

Ignore the EESA, it's just a payment reference and does not mean anything more, everybody's payments will say this.

There is definitely something wrong but I can't state for certain what it is unless you confirm whether you were receiving Contribution Based ESA previously.

What I think has happened is that you were on ESA(CB) when you were in the SG. You were then found Fit for Work. You were paid the ESA Assessment rate while you waited for a hearing, as this was ESA(CB) this could only be paid for 365 days and you were then switched to Income Related ESA which takes account of your IIDB and other benefits.

If this is correct then the DWP are wrong and the WRAG component should be payable for 365 days from the date of the Decision that was appealed and should, therefore, be owed as back pay, you need to get back in touch with them about this.

It is also possible that the WRAG component has not been included in your current payments, based on your post I would guess you should be receiving the following minus your IIDB and the CA.

£114.85 - Personal Allowance (couples)
£ 29.05 - WRAG component
£ 36.85 - Carers Premium
======
£180.75

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #230451 by Timothy
Replied by Timothy on topic Upper Tier/Second Tribual Application
Hello Gordon

Thank you again for your prompt reply. Yes, I believe everything that you have written (above) is correct. As I stated above, after winning the appeal (although not being put back in the support group which I hope to be appealing against) the DWP told me (or rather my wife) that they stopped back payments for LCW in Mid 2018 (or Mid 2017?). However, if they are only paying me £31 a week now and the ESA(CB) that they were paying me pending on the first appeal was more than that I'd probably end up paying them money!.

More
4 years 10 months ago #230453 by Timothy
Replied by Timothy on topic Upper Tier/Second Tribual Application
Regarding back payment, I was still on my old ESA until the assessment in December 2017 so I wouldn't qualify for LCW back payment.

More
4 years 10 months ago #230488 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Upper Tier/Second Tribual Application

Tim wrote: Regarding back payment, I was still on my old ESA until the assessment in December 2017 so I wouldn't qualify for LCW back payment.

The Tribunal Decision re-makes the Decision that found you Fit for Work and applies from the same date, so you are due the full WRAG rate from that date until your ESA(CB) ceased after 365 days.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.