× Members

ESA and Retirement

More
4 years 10 months ago #230452 by Ray
ESA and Retirement was created by Ray
Hi again to everyone
just a small bit of info needed . I am receiving ESA benefit and last month reached 65 years old (eeek!) i received a letter saying my income support will reduce this coming November. What i'd like to know is am i no longer entitled to ESA support due to age and do i just go onto government pension>? There by back to paying full rent etc or do i stay on ESA?
What happens ?
Best regards Ray

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #230487 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA and Retirement
Ray

Your ESA will stop when you reach State Retirement Age, you should still be eligible for Housing Benefit as a pensioner providing you still meet the means test.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #230508 by Poollie1
Replied by Poollie1 on topic ESA and Retirement
Come this time next year you will receive Mor in state pension, it's going up from £125 a week to £168 a week depending on your contributions over the years...

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.