× Members

ESA Letters

More
4 years 10 months ago #230491 by Wayne
ESA Letters was created by Wayne
I 've received letters from JC+ regarding occupational pension for myself and my wife. My wife is the claimant and has a very small occupational pension and I receive an Armed Forces pension. The letter asks for details about the pensions, and names and addresses of the payers.

My question is why? The direct.gov website quite clearly says that -

"Your (or your partner’s) income and savings will not affect how much contribution-based ESA you’re paid"

Surely if that's the case, it makes no difference?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #230514 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic ESA Letters
Wayne

Pensions are treated separately from income and can affect the amount of ESA(CB) that is paid.

If your wife is only receiving ESA(CB) then only her pension can affect the amount that she receives, however, if she is also receiving an ESA(IR) top-up then both your pensions will reduce the amount payable.

The details of any Pension income would have been requested when she claimed ESA and when she was assessed for any ESA(IR), if she receives it.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wayne

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.