× Members

Transfer from indefinite dla to pip

More
4 years 10 months ago #230632 by Kelly1980
Transfer from indefinite dla to pip was created by Kelly1980
I'm due to have a f2f in two weeks time I've just recently had an ankle fusion done an placed in an air boot, I'm not allowed to put any weight on it so I either crawl around the house or use crutches which I cant really use as I often lose my balance,if I do go out to my hospital appointments the only way out of the house is in my light weight wheel chair ,will this go against me using a wheel chair at my f2f assessment.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #230636 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Transfer from indefinite dla to pip
Kelly

I would not expect it to have any impact, PIP does not consider the use of a wheelchair and the reasons you are using it appears to be temporary.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #230637 by Kelly1980
Replied by Kelly1980 on topic Transfer from indefinite dla to pip
At the moment I receive low mobility due to blood pressure ,hypo unawarness, gasterporisis, and severe depression, I'm just concerned that if I go in a wheelchair it will effect my mobility ,feeling really stressed at the moment incase I lose everything,

More
4 years 10 months ago #230639 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Transfer from indefinite dla to pip
Kelly

As I said, I would not expect the wheelchair to be considered but the Mobility criteria for PIP is different from the DLA so I hope you have taken account of this when you completed the PIP2.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #230642 by Kelly1980
Replied by Kelly1980 on topic Transfer from indefinite dla to pip
Thanks Gordon, yes I have taken the mobility questions into account and tried my hardest to fill them in correctly I am in constant pain when I walk which means I hardly go out of the house I have very bad nerve damage in my feet and cant feel them, I've also had a recent ankle fusion to correct displaced bones it's not been confirmed yet if the surgery will be a success ,so this is an ongoing problem for the time being,I also dont go out of the house unless I have someone with me

More
4 years 10 months ago #230762 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Transfer from indefinite dla to pip
Hi Kelly

As Gordon has stated PIP is different from DLA and the descriptors are different. You now need 8 points to be awarded the standard rate of either the mobility or daily living component of PIP.
When looking at conditions, you need to have a condition 3 months before making a claim which will be on going for over 6 months, so you are looking at a minimum period of 9 months.

Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.