× Members

GP wants to ask me a couple of questions

More
4 years 10 months ago #230729 by Ant
Yesterday, my surgery told me that one of the GP's would like to ask me a "couple of questions" in relation to my Work Capability Assessment. I'm guessing that they've received an ESA113 form. A telephone call has been arranged.

I would really appreciate advice as to how to approach this and what I can expect. It's never happened to me before.

My conditions and how they affect me is complicated and one of my concerns is that this may be a classic case of a GP not knowing enough about their patient. My practice also isn't averse to making mistakes when consulting my medical history (e.g. events being filed under the wrong condition). To be fair, if my GP is about to provide further medical evidence then he's done the right thing getting in touch with me.

Should I request a face-to-face appointment with my GP instead, leave him a copy of my completed ESA50 form, ask to speak to a GP I feel more comfortable with, etc.?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #230735 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic GP wants to ask me a couple of questions
Ant

I think it is swings and roundabouts, a phone call may allow less transfer of information but an appointment will likely be constrained by time, so I think you need to consider which will be more effective for you.

In either case, I would make a bullet list of issues that you want to discuss with your GP so that you are as prepared as possible.

You need to be careful of putting words in your GPs mouth as it can seriously undermine anything that they may say about you to the DWP, so where possible allow them to drive the conversation. The ESA50 may be a good idea but try and find a way for it to be their idea to have a copy.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.