× Members

PIP and Performance Measurement visit

More
4 years 11 months ago #230769 by Pete266
PIP and Performance Measurement visit was created by Pete266
Hi

I am currently in receipt of PIP (both components). Enhanced rate mobility, standard rate daily living. Previously I was claiming DLA. In the transition there was a bit of an issue with points which meant I had to go to a Tribunal to get them reinstated. Following on from this, I had a PIP review only last year where I was awarded an extra point for daily living. I have a chronic deteriorative musculoskeletal condition and am almost 70.

Today a letter has arrived from DWP saying they want to visit me at home on a date I cannot do and they cannot give a specific time for a performance measurement review. Any ideas what this is for if PIP is the only benefit I claim? I don't necessarily believe it's to ensure I'm getting the correct amount as it says I must be present for 1.5-2hrs and have my medication available. Surely this cannot be another, third assessment? I thought being over 65 I was subject to light touch reviews?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #230775 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP and Performance Measurement visit
Hi Pete66

According to the government the aim of the Performance Measurement Review is to "collect national statistics on the benefits system." and people on a range of benefits including PIP are selected at random for these reviews. Normally these visits are about your financial situation (not health) and you're asked to provide bank statements so I am perplexed they have told you to have a list of your medication available.

As you're clearly going to have to change the appointment, I would ring and ask for clarification.about the purpose of the visit.

You are right, that it was announced by the government that in the future those of pensionable age and in receipt of PIP would be subject to a light touch review.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.