× Members

Contribution- Based Esa

More
4 years 11 months ago #230772 by Scaffolder1975
Contribution- Based Esa was created by Scaffolder1975
Only today i have recieved letter from DWP. Informing me that they have looked at my claim again following a recent change.
I didnt fill in any forms, nor make changes, but i did have an assessor visit me at home in March this year. I had been waiting on this assessment for the past year and a half, but they where short of health assessors in my area.
They said my Employment and Support Allowance from 14 May 2019 will be £148.20 a week. And i am in the Support group, ive always been in the support group since coming off Incapacity benefit around 2011 -2012.
They say that from 2 July 2019 that my Employment and Support Allowance will be £225.95 a week. And that im in the Support group, i always have been.
And they say im entitled to both Contrtibution Based, and Income Based Employment and Support Allowance. If im entitled to both now, then why wasnt i entitled to both then. Me and my wife was trying to keep our savings below £5,850 since 2013 as they said that was how much we where able to have in our account then. No where within the letter do they state that this would be backdated, only that they have informed HRMC that i am on Contribution Based Esa, and Income Based Esa and that this is Taxable. I had read some time ago that they owe over a million or so claiments up to £20.000. Could i be one of them..?
Regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #230778 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Contribution- Based Esa
Hi Scaffolder 1975

I had not mention earlier in your previous post that The DWP has completed the reassessment process in almost half of the 600,000 cases to be checked for errors in the conversion from incapacity benefits to employment and support allowance (ESA), which means that they still have over 300,000 reassessments to go, so you could be one of them.

In regards to backdating, you need to request an 'any time review', if you are looking to backdate additional premiums such as a severe disability premium after an award for PIP or AA, if you ask for a backdate then they usually only go back one month.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Scaffolder1975

More
4 years 11 months ago #230786 by Scaffolder1975
Replied by Scaffolder1975 on topic Contribution- Based Esa
Hi Gary
Apoligies for my previous posting, i thought it got lost somewhere and had to type it again as i didnt copy it, but copied it the second time around, appreciate your speedy reply to my question. I was only looking to backdating the contributions side of it. but as i didnt apply for it, then i may not get it i suppose. As for the reassessment process for the other 300,000 due to the errors on their part, in respect of (ESA). Well they do say on the letter. If you disagree with our record of your contributions, please tell us at once. We will check your records and tell you the result. If you still disagree you can ask for a formal decision. Like ive said, i have the original paperwork they sent me from around 2011-2012 when i changed over from Incapacity benefit to ESA. I even have the bank statement they returned to me after requesting a rundown of my savings.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.